Excessive acidity in the body is the cause of cancer, as found by Dr. Otto H Warburg, a Noble Prize Laureate. Namely, cancer cells don’t breathe oxygen, as they are anaerobic, so they cannot survive in an alkaline state of the body, which is rich in oxygen.
On the other hand, the healthy cells need it to thrive and multiply.
The balance of the acidity and alkalinity in the body is also known as pH balance and is mainly affected by our diet. Ann Wigmore, the founder of the renowned Hippocrates Health Institute, said:
“The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.”
The body needs to have a pH value of 7.365, meaning it needs to be slightly alkaline, in order to function optimally.
However, modern diets are full of sugars, processed foods, chemicals, preservatives, and GMO, so they disrupt the normal state of the body, and make it acidic, prone to numerous serious health issues, like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis, and more. It speeds up the aging process and is a perfect environment for viruses, parasites, and bacteria.
Collective Evolution lists the most common symptoms of a poor pH balance in the body:
- Inflamed sensitive gums, cavities
- Immune deficiency
- Sciatica, lumbago, stiff neck
- Respiratory problems, shortness of breath, coughing
- Yeast fungal overgrowth
- Low energy and chronic fatigue
- Cardiovascular damage, including the constriction of blood vessels and reduction in oxygen
- Heart problems, arrhythmias, increased heart rate
- Weight gain, obesity, and diabetes
- Bladder and kidney infections
- Accelerated free radical damage
- Premature aging
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Osteoporosis, weak brittle bones, hip fractures, bone spurs
- Headaches, confusion, sleepiness
- Joint pain, aching muscles, and lactic acid buildup
- Allergies, acne
Therefore, neutralizing acidity in the body is a must in order to prevent chronic diseases, inflammation, and ailments. First of all, you need to increase the intake of the following alkaline foods: avocados, kale, kiwi, carrots broccoli, herbal teas, alkaline and coconut water, sprouts, apples, pears, zucchini, celery cauliflower, eggplants, cucumbers, watermelons, spinach, and pineapples.
We also suggest trying the following recipes:
Alkaline Beverage Recipe
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or organic apple cider vinegar
- 8 0z. water
Combine the lemon juice and baking soda, and keep adding baking soda until the fizzing stops. Then, add the water. Drink the beverage immediately.
Alkaline ‘Activator’ Green Smoothie
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon wheatgrass powder
- 1-inch slice of cucumber
- 1⁄2 celery stick
- A handful of spinach or kale
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1-inch slice of pineapple
- 1⁄2 avocado
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Spirulina powder
Wash the ingredients well, and blend them until you get a smooth mixture.
According to Nutritiously, these are the benefits of a diet high in alkaline foods:
- Deeper, more restful, sleep
- Reduction of Candida overgrowth
- Increased mental acuity or alertness
- Enhanced memory and cognition
- Easier weight loss
- Increased energy
- Better bone health
- Reduced muscle wasting
- Proper cell functioning
- Healthy tissues
- Mitigation of chronic diseases
- Improved cardiovascular health
Furthermore, make sure you lower stress and start exercising on a daily basis, as these healthy choices will also help you neutralize acidity and prevent health issues.
The post Your Body is Acidic. Here is What You Really Need to Do appeared first on Healthy Food House.